Saturday 7 January 2012

December Favourites!

Hello Girls!
Sorry for the delay with this post. I have been trying my best to get back into revising after Christmas, and also have been catching up with all the boring things one has to do during holidays (dentist appointments, the big "room tidy" etc). However, I have spent a long time thinking about which products I really feel have been my December favourites!

1) Pantene Pro-V Repair and Protect Serum

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Serum



This product has really transformed my hair! I have to admit, when my Mum first picked it up at my local supermarket, I wasn't too impressed with the packaging or anything, so I didn't think of it much as a 'wonder product'. However, I have been really impressed with this product. I use it usually just before I dry my hair, by using a teeny teeny tiny bit on the ends of my hair (and believe me that is enough!). It makes my hair feel soft and smooth....the only downside is that people may think you're a bit strange when they see you walking down the street stroking your hair (which is very tempting to do!).

I can't seem to find this online, but I know that you can buy it from most supermarkets (which probably means that Boots do it too!). I've just read on an online article that it costs £3.99 , which sounds about right as I remember thinking it was rather cheap!

2) "Laughter" by Space NK
The packaging of "Laughter" by Space NK
This is the most gorgeous perfume!As you probably know if you follow me on Twitter (@rosetheblogger) I love my Bobbi Brown 'Beach', but I regard it as my summer fragrance! I was given this perfume quite a long time ago, but unfortunately due to my undying love for 'Beach', it sat on my dressing table for most of that time. However, over the last month, I decided to give it ago, and believe me, I am so glad that I did! I have received so many compliments over the Christmas season from people saying "Wow, you smell amazing!" and "Which perfume are you wearing? It smells so good!" and, as tempted as I was to reply with "Actually, I think you will find that this is my naaaatural smell", I immediately started raving about it! (Something along the lines of "Thank You! It's this amazing perfume by Space NK, I love its sooooooo much! It's called 'Laughter'!"). 

The Bottle
I love the packaging too, as it's simple and actually reflects the lovely smell that the perfume has. I'm not very good at describing perfumes, as you can probably tell, so I thought I'd let Space NK tell you themselves!
I think they describe it well!

I feel this is the perfect perfume for all seasons, and I absolutely love wearing it!

For 15ml (which lasts quite a long time!), you only have to pay an amazing  £20! 

http://bit.ly/ys0k82 

3) The Body Shop Lip Balm in "Pink Guava"

The packaging of the Born Lippy in Pink Guava
All I can say about this product is that it smells amazing, moisturises well and lasts a long time!

And again!
Definitely a December favourite, I have re-discovered the magical powers of the Born Lippys!

£2.00 from The Body Shop http://bit.ly/wZFCgl

3) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
The logo!
I gather that these are award winning! And so they should be, they are phenomenal! They making curling eyelashes quick, easy and painless and are perfect for adding length and curl before applying false lashes or just simply before applying mascara. What I love about these is that they make your lashes look naturally curled & lengthened rather than just looking like "Oh, she's used eyelash curlers...."
These are a bit pricey but for the amount of use one can get out of them, they are a great investment! My pair have also stood the test of time, as being clumsy me, I drop them on a daily basis!
As it has been the Christmas season, I have needed this tool a lot more recently, and am definitely a Shu Uemura convert!

£20 from Shu Uemura, http://bit.ly/z3F59o

4) Rose De Rose Blushe Fluide by By Terry
Nearly at the end :(
This is probably my favvvvvourite blush of all time. My Mum very kindly gave this to me so I could use the rest of it, when she hardly had any left, and as you can see, I've virtually used all of this! It's the most gorgeous colour, and gives you the most natural, healthy glow!
Unblended, No. 2, Corail Rose
As you can see, it's a slightly shimmery, coral/rose colour. However, I feel that this blush has the perfect balance of shimmer, as it's perfect for daytime and nightime, and you don't feel 'over made-up' when you wear it during the day. It also defines my (almost non-existant) cheekbones, which amazed me and made me love this product even more!
It is a pricey choice, but By Terry is a brilliant brand. I get so excited when I talk about this blush, and if I recommended any product to anyone, it would be this. It's just a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Unfortunately now, I have to come to terms with the fact that I probably only have a few uses of this left (although one doesn't need much of it). However, I will definitely be re-purchasing!

£39 for 15ml, http://bit.ly/zxQnU3

5) Sephora Brush #22, All Over Shadow



If you're from the UK, I know you're probably reading this thinking "Why? Why Sephora on your blog?". I know that it's a brand that is unavailable in the UK, but I'm including this incase you go abroad or any American/European readers are viewing this post! This is the all over shadow brush. There's not much else I can say apart from that it's brilliant quality & does the job very well!
My pictures say Brush 21, but I gather that now it is brush 22.
$13 from Sephora, http://bit.ly/yPugO0

6) Face Touch Up Stick by Bobbi Brown
The Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick

Shade 2, 'Sand'
This concealer is a dream to apply, blends well & generally does it's job! The results last for a long time, but just in case I usually apply a little dab of loose powder (in 'Pale Yellow' from my old Bobbi Brown concealer (the pot). I actually prefer this concealer to the pot as it is a better shade for my skin, and, especially under my eyes, doesn't crease (which the pot concealer used to do). 

£18 from Bobbi Brown, http://bit.ly/x6C6Px 

Well, that's it! This post has taken me an age to do as my photo uploader was so slow, but none the less, I hope you've enjoyed it!

Do you know of any products you feel I should try out in January?
Do you own any of the products mentioned in this post?
Are you tempted by any of these products?
Post your comments below, I read them all & find them very interesting!

If you have enjoyed this post, please follow!
You can also find me on Twitter @rosetheblogger
Another post is coming tomorrow!


And now, I'm off to revise & read this! :)
Love,
Rose xxxxx


























0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link with your comment, as I love discovering new ones!