Sunday 28 October 2012

A Day in Cambridge

Hello All,

On Monday I travelled to Cambridge for a daytrip. This was partly because I've never been before and partly to look round the university, but I thought I'd share some photos from the day with you all so that if anyone reading this is going in the future, they may have some ideas of where is nice to visit.


I simply had to take a picture of this groovy bicycle - how cool is the basket? Just shows what a bit of imagination can do.


Everywhere you went there was a beautiful building (example being this one).


This is one spot I suggest anyone who visits Cambridge goes to. This is the Bridge of Sighs, which is owned by St John's College. It is a beautiful spot as to the left of this picture is parkland, whilst to the right is the amazing St John's College. The Bridge goes over the River Cam, and whilst you stand on a different bridge to view the Bridge of Sighs, punting boats go past and you see students walk over the bridge. It's all very Cambridge and picturesque!


This is part of St. John's College. We walked through both St. John's and Magdalen (Magdalen was free whilst St. John's was a small fee). However despite this fee, it was totally worth it. Once inside the courts of the college, you really feel part of the student-vibe, and the architecture is amazingly beautiful.

Pleased with my outfit (although my shoes got very muddy?!)



These shops were close to the Magdalen Bridge - I just had to take photos as I love their rustic shabby-chic exterior. This is also close to the greengrocers/newsagents shop my great aunt worked in :-)


I found them! Finally, Twizzlers, and at just £1.99 (cheap compared to other shops). What do they taste like? The scents of smelly gel pens. So yeah, they didn't taste that great but...oh well. Still fun to try them!

Finally, here is the market. This is close to King's College and the big shopping centre in the centre of town (really recommend - MAC, Topshop, LUSH, John Lewis etc). This is such a cute little market place with lots of stalls to wander through - and close is the best Cath Kidston shop ever - I could have easily spent lots of money I don't have in there!

I hope this post has been fun to scroll through - not very beauty/lifestyle related but oh well!

xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. I love posts like this. Cambridge looks beautiful but I haven't had the opportunity to do more than drive through it yet.

    Laura xo
    whatlauradid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is fabulous and your pictures are beautiful.

    Your new follower.

    Txx


    http://fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Beautiful pictures! One of my professors visited Cambridge and she was raving about that bridge and the fact that she got to go down the little river in a canoe. Good to put an image to that now!

    Thank you for stopping by our blog, following you now! Excited to see more from you :)

    Stay pretty xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could visit, all these pictures are beautiful I can feel a serene vibe going on there, so pretty haha

    Following your blog from #bbloggers and would love if you could visit back at http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so pretty, such a dainty town.

    Thanks for sending me your link via the #bbloggers chat.
    Rebecca x
    www.rebeccas-3-rs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh randomly came across this blog and i was like...hold on a sec i know these photos!

    I live in cambridge <3 hope you had a great time visiting x

    great post x
    looking forward to your next post!

    Natali xox
    http://www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos ,that bike is soo cute x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog link with your comment, as I love discovering new ones!